Monday, January 9, 2012

I'M SO JEALOUS!!

http://www.hbo.com/russell-simmons-presents-brave-new-voices/cast-and-crew/team-san-francisco/video/mike-taylor.html

I really love the poem by Mike Taylor, Thinking about you.
Mr. Nelson showed it to us in class and I immediately thought, "Why can't I write like that?"
I read through his poetry and it has so many emotions. It can be funny, but sad as well. There is so much meaning into his poetry. I've always loved writing so it makes me mad that I can't be as good as Mike Taylor.

I like where he says, "Like cops think about.... arresting people."
That is my favorite part!!!!
"It's always sunny like rainbows and bunnies!" SO FUNNY! See when a poet can make you laugh and cry at the same time or in the same poem, they're doing a good job.
I wish I had the courage to perform my writing like him... SO COOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment